Southwark's cemeteries consultation finishes
TODAY! Friday 30 Sept!
If you haven't returned one of their questionnaires -
do it now on line!
There is an overwhelming number of people who do not want to lose this precious green space!
IT IS OPTION 8! Leave it alone!
See South London Press today - page 6
Friday, 30 September 2011
Sunday, 25 September 2011
FANTASTIC turnout yesterday for Southwark Council's last public event on their cemeteries consultation.About 150 people attended and the questions and comments gave the message to the council loud and clear:
that our community want the Rec to stay as an open green space.
Improved and not used for burial.
BUT it was revealed that only 500 questionnaires have been returned (300 online and 200 paper ones)so
if you have not submitted yours - then do it now!
pass this onto your contacts - friends, neighbours, clubs, schools ......
you only have until 30 September - next Friday - that's when the consultation ends.
Southwark Council are still saying that the Rec "is their least favoured option" but financially it is the cheapest so you need to tell them what you think!
here's the link:cemeteries questionnaire
Friday, 23 September 2011
- last consultation meeting put on by southwark council
- tomorrow, saturday 24 september ON the REC!
- starting at 1 pm
- hear southwark's problems and ideas
- tell them what you think about our precious green space
- it's local, it's green, it's open, we can walk there
- kids love it, they feel safe, they run and play there
- we want to keep it!
- carry on signing the petition
- submit your views to southwark cemeteries questionnaire - ideas on a post further down!
- check out views on se23 forum